Friday, December 16, 2016

Moses's song



In the book of Exodus chapter 14, we read the marvelous account of God rescuing the Hebrew people from pharaoh and his army at the parting of the Red Sea and the destruction of the Egyptian army. (Read Exodus 14:1-31)

  In chapter 15 we read Moses’s magnificent prayer/song of thanksgiving and praise to God for all that He has done.  “I will sing to the Lord, For He has triumphed gloriously! The horse and the rider He has thrown into the sea! The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God and I will praise Him; My father’s God and I will exalt Him. Who is like you, O Lord among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises doing wonders? You stretched out Your right hand; The earth swallowed them. You in your mercy have led forth The people whom you have redeemed; You have guided them in Your strength to your holy habitation.” (Exodus 15:1,2,11-13)

Increase my faith in Your ability to intervene supernaturally in my life and in the world. Would you do miracles by Your Spirit in, through, and around me?

Pray
1.     Lord help me to spend time in your Word this week and to be reminded of just how awesome and glorious you are.
2.     Lord we ask you to fill us with your Holy Spirit that we may be used by You and that our speech and actions will reflect your holiness to those we come in contact with.
3.     Help us to see clearly that we need You in our lives and cannot survive in this world without Your guidance and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment