Friday, December 2, 2016

More prayer from Jesus!



    Jesus gave us a wonderful example of how to pray in chapter 17 of the book of John. First He prays for himself for 5 verses and then He uses the remaining 21 verses to pray for His disciples.

     “And this is eternal life, that they may know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work You have given me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with you before the world was.” (John 17:3-5)

“For I have given to them the words which You have given to Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.” (John 17:8,12)

“I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of this world, just as I am not of this world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As you sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. (John 17:14, 17-18)

“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.  And the glory which You gave Me, I have given them, that they may be one as We are one.” (John 17:20-22)


Read all of chapter 17 if you have time today. What a magnificent prayer for us to read on a continual basis to be instructed and guided by our Lord in our prayer life. If we know the one true God and His Son, Jesus Christ, then we have eternal life! Jesus gave us the very words God wanted Him to give us and He has proven that He will keep every disciple that was given Him by the Father. He prays not only for the eleven remaining disciples but for us too! He has sent us out into the world and He has made us one with Him. How can we do anything but praise His name day and night!

Pray:

1.     That God will be glorified in everything you do today and throughout the week.
2.     That we as Christians will remember to be in the world but not of the world. Lord, show me those worldly things that are messing up my life.
3.     That we will be faithful to read God’s Word today so that He can speak to us through His Holy Bible that has been preserved for our benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment