Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Crazy Love

   

"'Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?' Jesus replied, 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all you soul. and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Matthew 22: 36-39)


“In His book Crazy Love, Francis Chan invites us to invite God to help us love Him more.

      If you merely pretend that you enjoy God or love Him, He knows. You can’t fool Him: don’t even try.
    Instead, tell Him how you feel. Tell Him that He isn’t the most important thing in this life to you, and that you are sorry for that. Tell Him that you have become lukewarm, that you have chosen_____________________ over Him time and time again. Tell Him that you want Him to change you, that you long to genuinely enjoy Him. Tell Him how you want to experience true satisfaction and pleasure and joy in your relationship with Him. Tell Him you want to love Him more than anything on this earth. Tell Him you want to treasure the kingdom of heaven so much that you’d willingly sell everything in order to get it. Tell Him what you like about Him, what you appreciate, and what brings you joy.

    Jesus, I need to give myself up. I am not strong enough to love You and walk with you on my own. I can’t do it, and I need You. I need You deeply and desperately. I believe You are worth it, that You are better than anything else I could have in this life or the next. I want You. And when I don’t, I want to want You. Be all in me. Have Your way with me.” (At the Feet of Jesus by Joanna Weaver, p. 32)


 What are you waiting for? Jesus told us, "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly,  say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in My name He will give you. Until no you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:23-24) 


Pray:

1. God give me an undivided heart.
2. Lord I need You desperately and I believe You are better than anything else I could have in this life or the next.

3. Have your way with me and show me what I have in my life that is hindering my relationship with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment