Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Prayer for Pastors


“To you I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me. Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You. When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.” (Psalms 28:1-5)

Read and meditate on these Scriptures:

“Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, ‘the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets to your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)

“Jesus said to him, ‘’‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

“If you keep My commandments you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. (John 15: 10-11)

“For you are a holy people to the LORD your God: the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples of the earth.” (Deuteronomy 7:6)

“You did not chose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you asd the Father in My name He may give to you. These things I command you, that you love one another.” (John 15:16-17)

Pray that:

1.     Our pastors and staff will lead the way in humility, repentance, and prayer.
2.     God will protect the staff families from the attacks of Satan and keep a strong hedge of thorns around them.
3.     Our pastors and staff will be faithful in proclaiming the truth of God’s Word, and that they will not be bound by tradition, habit, or the fear of man.
4.     That our pastoral staff will be pure physically, mentally, doctrinally, and spiritually.


No comments:

Post a Comment