Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Patient prayer

“I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth---Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord. Many, O LORD my God are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered.” (Ps. 40:1-3,5)

“If we think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts, we think rightly. Prayer is not the preparation for greater things, prayer is the greater thing.” (Oswald Chambers, Utmost for His Highest)

Read and reflect on these words from the Lord, the creator of the heavens and the earth, the one who redeems us from sin and adopts us as His children.

“I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior. Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of my hand; I work and who will reverse it? I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Put me in remembrance; Let us contend together; State your case, that you may be acquitted.” (Isaiah 43:11,13,25-26)

“Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. See I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.” (Isaiah 49: 15-16)

“that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with the fullness of God.” (Eph. 3:17-20)

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or sword? As it is written: ‘For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.’ Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 8:31, 35-39)

Pray:

1.     Thank God that He has saved you and that “He will never leave us or forsake us” and that He loves us with a love that is beyond understanding.
2.     Thank Him for forgiving you of all your sins, past, present, and future; that “you have been washed in the blood of the Lamb.”
3.     That you will be faithful to pray for those you know that have not professed Jesus as Lord and Savior.
4.     Pray that Christians will be conformed more to His image and start living more for Him and not themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment