Friday, May 28, 2021

Have you met the Master?


  “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

 

    I was listening to Pastor Chuck Swindoll on the radio the past two days and he was delivering an excellent sermon on the passage above. He explained how the word picture that Jesus is using of a yoke was very well known by His audience two thousand years ago, but maybe not so well known today. The yoke was a wooden instrument to connect two oxen together so that they could pull a plow, and that each yoke would be specially crafted to fit the individual oxen being worked. Jesus is telling us that He is the one who has a yoke individually crafted for us and that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. That is something we all need to be reminded of on a regular basis! Have you learned to rest in Him, and allow Him to give you rest for you soul?

 

   Pastor Swindoll then read a poem that I think is worth sharing with you also:

 

“When I met the Master Face to Face”

 

“I had walked life’s path with an easy tread

Had followed where comfort and pleasure led;

And then one day in a quiet place

I met the Master, face to face.

 

With station rank and wealth for a goal

Much thought for the body, but none for the soul;

I had thought to win life’s mad race,

When I met the Master, face to face.

 

I had built my castles and reared them high,

Till their towers pierced the blue of the sky,

I had vowed to rule with an iron mace,

When I met the Master, face to face.

 

I met Him and knew Him, and blushed to see

That eyes full of sorrow were turned on me;

And I faltered, and fell at His feet that day,

While all my castles melted away.

 

Melted and vanished, and in their place

I saw naught else but my Master’s face;

And I cried aloud: ‘Oh, make me meet

To follow the path of thy wounded feet.

 

And now my thoughts are for souls of men,

I’ve lost my life, to find it again.

E’er since that day in a quiet place

I met the Master, face to face.”----Lorrie Cline

 

   Have you met the Master (Jesus) face to face? Now would be a great time! Get alone with your bible now and read the book of Matthew alone. Look for Him and He will find you if you are looking with a sincere heart.

 

“Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6)

 

“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

 

Pray

 

1.    Lord I long to know you better, and I ask you to help me today get to know you better by reading your Word, and applying it to my life.

2.    Thank you for dying on that cross and giving Your life as a ransom for mine and for paying the price for my sins. 

3.    Fill me with Your Holy Spirit today so that I can allow You to live Your life through me and lead me to a holy life that will be a pleasing sacrifice acceptable to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment