Monday, September 16, 2019

Who is your Savior?



    “For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow in His steps; ‘Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth’; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live to righteousness---by whose stripes we are healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.” (1 Peter 2:21-25)

   It is very hard for most of us in this day and time to really comprehend all that Christ endured for us on the cross and the time leading up to His death on that cross. But He was willing to do that for you and for me and for everyone who calls upon His name. “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
   
   Occasionally, I like to put down in the form of a poem what I want to say about my Savior and Lord and what He has done means to me. Here is one of those feeble attempts:


My Savior


Oh that there were words to tell,
Of the Love my Savior has for me.
Could any mere poem hope to express,
How He freely gave His life on that cursed tree.

He settled that day, once and for all,
There can never be a single doubt.
His nail scarred hands, His bloody brow,
Demonstrate how our sins He freely bought.

He could have called down myriad legions,
Of mighty angels to stop the bloody show.
But He freely suffered my pain and shame,
Because no one else loved us so.

Our sins required a perfect, spotless lamb,
To make known that atonement was assured.
And there was no other one capable to bear,
The pain and suffering He endured.

Jesus lead me to that glorious cross,
To look upon your beaten and swollen face.
To see the agony You endured for me,
When You gladly and obediently took my place.

Let me see your spear pierced side,
Where the blood flowed freely down.
And brand in my weak and feeble heart,
The knowledge of the price You paid for me alone.

Oh let me never forget or misunderstand,
That I have been bought and paid for with a price.
That You have forever shown Your love for me,
And I will always know that I owe You my life.

Oh Jesus keep me near the sacred cross,
Forever obedient to hear You, and Your glory see.
And if You should ask: “Who shall I send?”
I will shout with joy; “Here am I Lord, send me!”


Your obedient servant, son, and friend,


PRAY

1.    Lord thank You for paying the ultimate price for my sin and for adopting me as you son or daughter even though I have done nothing and can do nothing to deserve Your love.
2.    Thank You for pursuing me when I was lost and dead in my sins and You called me to You and showed me what a glorious Savior, Master, and Father that You are.

3.    Help me this day to live totally for You and for Your kingdom. Give me patience, love, wisdom, and boldness to speak to others about You and all that You mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment