Thursday, August 1, 2019

Only God can do that!



   “I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no other God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:5-7)

     Ravi Zacharias tells the story of a sailor in World War II that served on a U.S Navy cruiser, the USS Astoria in the Pacific Ocean. During one battle his ship was damaged by a Japanese warship and he had to abandon ship and spend several hours in shark invested waters. The only flotation device he had was a waist band type device manfactured by the Firestone Tire company, instead of the larger life jacket, but it kept him afloat. Finally he was rescued by another U.S. destroyer that returned him to his ship that the captain was trying g to save by running it aground. The captain was unsuccessful and he found himself in the water again. The flotation device again kept him afloat long enough to be rescued the second time. After the war he was able to return home and as he was sitting in his home he told the story to his family and told them about the belt that had saved his life twice. 

    After he told the story he mentioned that the belt had a number on it but he did not know what it meant. His mother who had worked at the Firestone plant in Akron, Ohio during the war that made flotation devices for the Navy was stunned when he told her the number that had been on the device. With overwhelming emotion she explained: the number designates the worker that made this life belt. That is my number! I made that belt!

   The God that made the universe has no trouble taking care of those He chooses to protect and to make sure that this mother could take care of her son in this magnificent true story. He is a personal God and He watches over each person that He has called to be His own.

    What are you concerned about today? Is it your job, health, marriage, debts, children, elderly parents, or something else you have no control over? There is only One person you can turn to to solve your problems, the One who created you and holds you in the palms of His hands, The Holy One of Israel, the Everlasting Father, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords! The question you have to ask yourself is this: do I trust Him with my life? No wait, the real question should be: can I trust anyone else? The answer to that question is a resounding “NO.” He is the faithful One! He is our Savior, our kinsman Redeemer, our Bright and Morning Star, He is our Abba Father!

    “Oh Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You know my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are aquatinted with all my ways.” (Palms 139:1-3)

   Who else knows you like that? No one! Only He does! And who loves you like that? No one! Only He does! 

   “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, but I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands, Your walls are continually before Me.” (Isaiah 49:15,16)

    Who is the faithful One when we are not faithful? Who is the One who never changes? Who is the Rock of Ages? Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

“Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my portion says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him!’”(Lamentations 3: 22-24)

“Cast all your cares on Him!” Jesus is our great High Priest and He is the faithful One that you can entrust your life to today, and tomorrow, and for every day after that until you go home to Him or He returns for His bride, the church.


PRAY 

1.   Thank you Lord for loving me so much that You died on a cross to save me from my sin. Thank you for being the faithful One that I can depend upon to guide my path today.
2.   Help me to be obedient to Your Word and fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I might be receptive to Your leading today.
3.   Help me today to be a blessing to someone else that is struggling in their life and help me to point them to You.




1 comment:

  1. You MUST know I LOVE this so much! One of the things that is always so precious to me about the Father is that He LOVES to surprise us (although "AMAZE" might be a better word).
    Miriam was right (as always)...this is the perfect time to get this message. Love you both so much and miss you...
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete